All RIMLS participants are required to meet the following requirements:
- Must be licensed as a real estate agent by the local Municipality.
- Must be a member in good standing of the National Real Estate Association of the Country of Honduras (CANABIRH)
- Must abide by the MLS Bylaws and MLS Rules adopted by the RIMLS brokers.
- Must pay the required fees to the MLS Provider. $17us/agent/month (prorated Jan-Jun and Jul-Dec) +$250 one time office setup fee.
* Note: Brokers are required to register and guarantee payment for all agents affiliated with the office whether or not they intend to use the MLS.
I am Interested in participating in the RIMLS:
New Office Approval Process:
- Principal broker completes the contact form above.
- The MLS president emails an application to applicant (pdf file attachment).
- Applicant submits completed application along with a copy of the company Operating Permit to MLS President.
- The MLS president sends a bulk email to all current principle broker members asking if anyone objects to the approval of the application.
- If two or more principal brokers object, then an official vote to approve or rejct the application is taken (majority wins).
- If the application is denied, the principle broker will be given a chance to appeal in person at a brokers meeting where another vote may be taken.
- Once applications are approved, the MLS president will add the new office and new agents in the MLS.
- Once the application is approved, the MLS Provider will send an MLS Service Agreement to the Principle Broker by docusign.
- Once the Service agreement is signed, the MLS provide will collect payment and provide the login credentials.
New Agent Approval Process:
- Once the office is approved, the broker agrees to submit the following to the MLS President for each agent that is affiliated with the company:
- Agent's Name, Email Address, and a copy of the agent's Operating License showing they are an authorized real estate agent.
- The MLS President will verify the license and add the new agents to the MLS.
- The MLS Provider will approve the new users and email the login credentials.
Suspensions and Terminations:
- When an agent is fired or dissassociates from a member office, the principal broker may notify the MLS President and/or the MLS Provider. The MLS president will email the MLS Provider, and the MLS Provider will cancel access for the member.
- If any broker participant believes that another broker has blatantly violated the MLS rules and/or membership requirements, or if a court of law has deemed an MLS participant to be guilty of crimes or fraud of any kind, the brokers may call a vote to suspend or terminate any member. The majority vote wins on any such vote. If you would like to file a complaint or suggest any such vote, please contact the current MLS president.